Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Test passed, and got some bad birds.

I went to test today, for the Human Resource Management test, and passed with a score of 52, a little low, but at least a pass! Now on to Principles of Marketing.

Lately I have finally been able to shoot Starlings, though I am still waiting to get the scope mounts. (It's pretty difficult to sight down just the barrel to get an accurate shot since it doesn't have sights on it).
On the 1st, I got 2 Starlings in the morning, both wing shots. The first one I shot at twice, at a really close range after it fell, but somehow missed! I had to chase him down and corner him in a bush. The second was even harder to get: He fell on one side of a fence, then ran through to my side. I tried to aim for him, but he quickly went for some brushy grass. I chased after him, trying to keep him in the open, but soon lost track of where he went. After a while I went for a garden rake, and started to sift through the grass. Finally, he jumped out, but I'd left my gun behind, so I tried to get him with the rake. I missed, and he went back through the fence! Running along side, using the rake like a plunger, I finally got him, right before he reached another clump of brush. Triumphant again! :)
 The same day, I set mousetraps in a bush where there were a lot of House Sparrows, and caught a female in one the following morning.

BTW, in Canada I saw a female Hooded Merganser at Niagara Falls, and added it to my life list.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS on passing another CLEP test, Sam! :) That's good news! I hope you do well on the Principles of Marketing test! We're looking forward to seeing y'all at the Ball on Saturday! :) Blessings!

Britt Lauren said...

Thats great that you passed the test :) Sounds like you had an eventful day. Wow, thats neat that you saw a Hooded Merganser :) Thats neat that you keep a list of all the birds you have seen. Great post!!